Frances Carolyn Stanford Henley
Mrs. Frances Carolyn Stanford Henley, age 76 of Old Ranch Road Wing, Alabama passed away on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
On a very cold Tuesday, August 10, 1943 she was born to the late Wilber and Daisy Stanford of Castleberry. When ask how she knew it was cold, she said “You better remember, I don’t forget a thing”
An avid reader and storyteller she encouraged her friends and family to always pick up a book. Never stop learning. She always said, “reading is my way to let the cares of the world go away.” Books-A-Million and Barnes & Noble probably will be sending their condolences. She was a 1961 graduate of Conecuh County High School.
Frances or Carolyn to some was a retired dental assistant to the late Dr. Michael Dasinger. After retirement her hobbies included needle work, making jewelry, and spoiling her grandchildren, great grandchildren and nieces.
You never had to wonder what she was thinking because she would definitely tell you. She always found joy in making others laugh during tough times. She loved God. Her motto was “Seek God when on the Mountain so He can be found when in the valley.”
Survivors: Husband of 34 years- Don Henley of Wing, Alabama
(2) Sons- Tim (Roxanna) Hodge of Brewton, AL, Aaron (Angie) Hodge of Brewton, AL.
(2) Daughters- Robin (Wesley) Sessions of Brewton, AL, Lisa (Mike) Johnson of Montgomery, AL.
(1) Sister- Marsha (Fred) Coleman of Castleberry, AL
(2) Brothers- Jimmy and Nathan Stanford of Castleberry, AL
(8) Grandchildren- Tyler (Jennifer) Hodge of Tampa Florida, Brandon (Christina) Hodge of Biloxi, MS, John Wesley Sessions of Brewton, AL, Dakota Hodge of Brewton, Justin (Ashley) Sessions of Brewton, AL, Abigail Sessions of Brewton, AL, Matthew Eli Hodge of Brewton, AL, John Douglas Maddox of Brewton
(4) Great Grandchildren- Lexi, Katelynn, Chloe, and Emma Hodge
Preceded in death by: Son- Tony Hodge
Parents- Wilber and Daisy Odell Miller Stanford
Granddaughter- Crystal Marie
2 Brothers- Danny Stanford, Steve Stanford
Private Graveside Services are scheduled for Thursday morning July 2, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. at Weaver Cemetery with Rev. Russ McDonald officiating. Interment will follow in Weaver Cemetery Brewton, Alabama with Williams Memorial Chapel Funeral Home of Brewton, Alabama directing.