Getting Ready for the Fourth
Published 2:51 pm Wednesday, July 3, 2019
The Fourth of July events at Ft. Crawford Park in East Brewton are endless. City of East Brewton Assistant Clerk DJ Biddle said that prizes for the duck race will range from $300, $200, $100, and $50 for first, second, third, and fourth place winners. The start point for the race is going to depend on water levels, but the ducks will have a long way to travel before they reach the other side of Murder Creek. There will also be tournaments for spades and horseshoe, both winners will receive a small certificate and a trophy.
There will be several performances by local talents. The High Horse Band will be the final act after the individual performances.
“The High Horse Band has been performing annually for at least the last 10-15 years,” Biddle said. “They are always a crowd pleaser.”
At the end of the event, the music will stop, and the fireworks show will begin at 9:30 p.m.
The days schedule is as follows:
- Spades Tournament, 9 a.m.
- Bingo, 1 p.m.
- Horseshoe Tournaments, Waterslide, 4 p.m.
- Wanda Day, 5:00-5:20 p.m.
- Gwen Minchew, 5:20-5:40 p.m.
- Lois Crenshaw, 5:40-6:00 p.m
- Duck Race, 6:00-6:30 p.m.
- Melissa Owens, 6:30-6:50 p.m.
- Wanda Green/ Yvonne Lisenby, 6:50-7:10 p.m.
- Tonya Graves, 7:10-7:30 p.m.
- High Horse Band, 8:00-9:30 p.m.
- Fireworks, 9:30 p.m.